All Assessee’s who have filed their income tax returns Online and claimed for refund can now check their refund status with few clicks from Tin-NSDL Portal as well as Form 26AS.
In case if you have filed your Income Tax Return Manually i.e., through Paper Return then you cannot use this facility, only way you can know your refund status details is by contacting your Assessing Officer from the same office you have filed your manual return.
For now let us see how to check your refund status if you have filed your return ONLINE:
Alternative 1: From TIN-NSDL Portal:
1. Visit TIN-NSDL Refund Status Portal
2. Input your PAN and select the relevant asst. year of refund.
Alternative 2: Form No 26AS
1. If your banker provided you with Internet Banking facility then you can log-in into your Internet Banking Account and look for Form No 26AS, your “Refund Status” will be reflected in that form.
2. If you do not have Internet Banking facility you can still access your Form 26AS by registering your account with Income Tax department here.
3. After creating your account as mentioned in step 2, Visit here to view your 26AS and provide details used in registering above account.
If you have question or queries, you can always ask us by commenting below.
last updated: 24th December 2014